Call for Artists: 12x12x12: A Celebration of Community
If you have questions that are not answered please contact us at email@example.com.
Entry Deadline: 8/1/22
Arts Council of Lake Oswego invites artists working in any medium to submit up to three works not to exceed 12”h x 12”w x 12”d for our upcoming exhibition 12X12X12: A Celebration of Community. Works will be curated into an exhibition on view September 9th through October 28th, 2022.
- $30 for three submissions. Entry fee is waived if you are a current member of the Arts Council at the Friend ($50) level or above. Not sure if you’re a member? Give us a call to find out: 503-675-3738.
- Your entry fee helps support continued access to free arts programming, including free entry to the ARTspace gallery, virtual and in-person events for all ages, and additional arts programming throughout the year. Please reach out to us via email if this cost presents a barrier for participation.
Application & Image Requirements
- Photo(s) of artwork(s) being submitted in JPEG, PNG or PDF format.
- No detailed images of the same artwork. Submit only one high resolution image per artwork.
- A brief description of each work.
- For each work include: title, date of creation, medium, and dimensions.
- Artist statement.
- Contact info for artist including website and/or social media handles.
- No more than three works per artist will be considered.
Email applications as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Call for Art 12X12X12”. While emailed applications are preferred, applications by mail should include a jump drive with digital photos and can be sent to: Arts Council of Lake Oswego, PO Box 369, Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034.
This exhibition is open to all artists. All media will be considered. All works must be original.
- Two-Dimensional (2D) works of art are not to exceed 144 (12”x 12”) square inches (including framing).
- Three-Dimensional (3D) original works of art, such as sculpture, glass, fiber, etc. are not to exceed 12”h x 12”w x 12”d.
- All work must be ready for exhibition upon arrival. Framed works must include wire for hanging with appropriate hanging hardware and installation instructions, and clearly labeled with the artist’s name and title of the work. 3D works must be ready for display. Test your framing/presentation before sending it. NO sawtooth hangers, please.
- Any special hardware must be provided by the artist.
- If entries from out of area are accepted, no reimbursement for shipping or delivery will be provided (please see more on shipping below).
- Works will be assessed for exhibition based on quality, subject matter, and overall aesthetic. We are looking for a diversity of media and forms of expression. BIPOC, LGBTQ2+, emerging, mid-career, and professional artists are encouraged to apply.
- All accepted artwork must be for sale and submitted with that intent.
- August 1, 2022 – Deadline to Apply
- August 8, 2022 – Artists Notified
- August 16-23 – Contracts returned
- August 16-19 and August 23 – artworks delivered to the Arts Council Office (380 A Ave., Lake Oswego, OR)
- September 9 – exhibition open and free Friday reception from 5-7 p.m.
Accepted work will be exhibited in our ARTspace gallery from September 9 through October 28, 2022. The gallery is free and open to the public Tuesdays through Fridays, 10am to 5pm. Artists are asked to offer their works for sale, with the understanding that the Arts Council takes a 30% commission. Various programs are planned during the exhibition to add dimension and provide more opportunities for visitors to see and engage with the artwork.
Accepted works must arrive by Tuesday, August 23, 2022, and must include return shipping labels or artists must plan to pick up their work if not sold. Artists are responsible for round trip shipping and insurance (during shipping) of artworks. All shipments must include a prepaid return shipping label or shipping charge account number and be shipped in a container appropriate for reuse in return shipping.
All sales will be handled through ACLO. A 30% commission will be charged. All pieces must remain up for the duration of the exhibition. Payment for any sold work(s) will be remitted by check to the artist at the end of the exhibition.
Artwork not sold during the duration of the exhibition must be picked up by November 4, 2022. Work with prepaid return shipping will be returned during the three weeks following the close of the exhibition. ACLO will retain possession of artwork left beyond December 31, 2022, and/or work with insufficient return shipping