Call for Artists: Still Life
Oregon artists are invited to enter our regional juried artist call for Still Life, a community, and outsider exhibit on one wall at Valley Art Gallery in Forest Grove. 2-D only, still life themed, traditional or non-traditional inanimate objects are acceptable as subject. The exhibition will run during gallery hours July 30 – Sept 5.
Selected artists must deliver ready to display, or ready to hang (wired) artwork July 23-25, hours to be determined.
Valley Art Association welcomes all artists. We encourage BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ representation. The Valley Art Association strives for inclusion, equality, and championing all artistic voices in our community. This is a great opportunity for emerging artists looking for their first shows.
All skill levels and ages are welcome. Parents will have to complete the registration and consignment agreement for minors.
Image credit: Camille Pissarro, Still Life with Apples and Pitcher (Public Domain)
IMPORTANT: Have you submitted (uploaded images) to a Valley Art call before? Login using the same email and password you received then, or reset your password. If you don’t, you’ll get a duplicate user error. After logging in, return to the Upload tab.
INFO & REQUIREMENTS
- Enter by Sunday, July 18 (Select UPLOAD PHOTO in the above menu)
- Jury convenes July 19
- Email notices will go out by 11:59PM, Wednesday, July 21
- Limit 2 submissions per artist
- Submission must be work that has never shown at Valley Art before, any creation date
- Art drop will be available July 22-25, hours TBD and will have daytime and evening options.
- Maximum size is 11 in. x 14 in. (including frame) – 2D work only
- Review gallery standards before entering
- All work must be for sale, and suitable for family viewing
- Exhibition July 30 – Sept 5 , Wednesday – Saturday, 11 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
If chosen . . .
- ***Must be able to hand-deliver, in person, work to Valley Art, 2022 Main St., Forest Grove July 23-25.
- All delivered work must be for sale, follow size limitations, and meet display requirements
- Complete consignment agreement, W9, and inventory sheet. Gallery takes 35%
- Properly tag your work following the provided procedure
- Agree to self promote in addition to gallery advertising (friends, social media, etc)
- Agree to pick up any unsold work Wednesday – Saturday, Sept 8-11 .
- Consent to any uploaded image use in promotional materials
THINGS TO KNOW
- Valley Art carries insurance while pieces are on exhibit
- You may enter as many show calls as you like, limits apply for each show separately
- Artists are paid by the 15th of the month following any sales
- If you have any questions about online entry feel free to email April using email@example.com.
UPLOAD / PLUGIN QUIRKS
- If you’ve uploaded to Valley Art calls before, login using the same email and password you received then and return to this tab to upload. If needed, email for a password reset.
Then, with login tab still open to WordPress dashboard, return to this tab and choose UPLOAD PHOTO to submit.
Close tabs, or switch tabs to log out when finished
- If you submit the form with a required field left blank, you may have to reattach the image and verify again you’re not a robot
- It could take several minutes for your confirmation email to arrive from firstname.lastname@example.org, and it may filter to your SPAM
- If you happen to have the exact same name as someone else, you may get a duplicate name error. Just add a -x (dash x) or middle initial.