Three Rivers Artist Gallery Reopening August 1st and a Call for Artists!!
It is an exciting time for all of us! TRAG is taking precautionary but steady steps to reopen the gallery on August 1st dependent upon reopening regulations at that time.
Susan Woodworth, Jeanne Kelly Brown and Holly Kroening will be co-chairing the Gallery and acting as Gallery committee. With our ever present Covid-19 challenges and restrictions in place, we believe it is in the best interest of the Guild and our members’ health to keep the Gallery Committee small.
After much discussion and review here is an overview of the Gallery’s plans and progress so far:
- A small group of TRAG members – Susan Woodworth, Holly Kroening, Jeanne Kelly Brown, Susan Thomas and Trieste Andrews – recently repainted the Gallery walls including the two small rooms and bathroom. We are also looking into replacing the rugs in the two smaller rooms. The walls are now a wonderful bright white to accent the forthcoming Artwork, and the Gallery is now much more visible as you step into the large room of the café.
- Plans are also underway for additional signage and decorative items to draw customers’ eyes to the Gallery entrance.
- Additionally, Yvonne’s has requested the Guild’s Artwork to be installed in all areas of the café. This will give our Artists considerably more space to display and sell their artwork.
Rotation and Hours of Operation
The 1st rotation will be from August 1st through October. Rotations will follow every 3 months with a new call for artists.
Art In: Saturday and Sunday, July 25th and 26th, 2020.
Art Out: Saturday and Sunday, October 24th and 25th, 2020.
Artists will be scheduled every 15 minutes. Artists will be responsible for their own inventory and Art items. We plan to make Art in and out… simple! Masks are mandatory and gloves and hand sanitizers will be made available.
- The Gallery will follow the opening and hours of the café. If Yvonne’s Cafe is open per Oregon State Covid restrictions/requirements, the Gallery will remain open. If the Cafe is closed – The Gallery is closed.
- Hours: The Gallery’s hours will also follow the Café’s, and will be 7 days a week, 9am – 2pm. Additional events at later hours are currently being discussed.
- We appreciate that some of our TRAG members may be worried, fearful, and hesitant with a reopening the gallery. This is totally understandable. With that in mind, we are working on a plan to offer Gallery shift coverage for those who are not ready to venture out yet.
- When the gallery is open for customers, we will have a table set up with one-time disposable masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer. Only Customers wearing gloves will be allowed to touch artists’ items and look through bin prints and cards. Bin prints and cards will all require protective sleeves. No customer will be allowed to try on any jewelry or clothing accessories.
- All art displayed for sale must have a visible tag displayed on the front or next to it noting artist, medium and the price. This will prevent customers from handling the piece and turning it over to check price or contact info.
- A clear plastic barrier will be installed at the cash register and possibly a portable one for showing customers items in the jewelry cabinets.
- In discussions with Yvonne, she is adamant that her customers will be required to wear masks into the cafe to order, take out or wait inside for service.
- TRAG is currently looking into the maximum customers allowed inside the Gallery at any given time per Covid regulations. The 6-foot social distancing requirement will be strictly followed and calculated with the Gallery’s own square footage.
Call for Artists
- In celebration of the Gallery’s reopening, and the opportunity to install artwork throughout the café, we will welcome any and all artwork from our Guild members. Yes – if you created it and feel like you want to display it – send in your application!
- The fee is $60 for the 3-month rotation ($20 per month). As before, Artists will receive 70% of each sale; TRAG will receive a 30% commission.
- The deadline to sign up for the August/September/October rotation is Sunday, July 19th, 2020.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.